On hot summer days we love to have a fresh pitcher of lemonade prepared. It is so refreshing to enjoy a glass after working in the garden or feeding the animals. Lemonade is also the perfect beverage to serve at events. I love that this recipe is simple and cost effective.
Perhaps it is just me, but I think there is something so beautiful about a pitcher of juice! It is easy to dress it up so that it feels like a decoration. I believe that by spending time making your food and drinks look beautiful you can simplify and save time when you’re decorating for an event.
In the early summer we will pick fresh lilacs from our bushes, wash them and place them in the lemonade. The delicate purple paired with freshly sliced lemon is stunning. You can get creative and use what you have growing around you!
We also like to add fresh herbs from our garden to our lemonade. It is fun to experiment with new flavours and helps us make use of any leftover herbs we have picked. Some of our favourite herbs to add are mint, rosemary, and basil. On occasion, we will even add lavender. These unique flavours elevate from an otherwise ordinary lemonade. At Gathered we serve our delicious lemonade at each event we host.
If you enjoy your lemonade more tart, just add more lemon! The same goes if you prefer a sweeter juice, simply add extra sugar or a sweetener of your choice!
I hope you enjoy serving this refreshing drink as you gather with your loved ones. Let us know if you try any new flavours.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice We use store bought ReaLemon. You can find this at most local groccery stores.
- 2 Freshly squeezed lemons
- 8 Cups Water
- 2-4 Cups Ice
- Sliced Lemon
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Lavendar
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Basil
- First cut your fresh lemons a squeeze out the juice removing seeds.
- In a large pitcher add water, sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and the additional fresh lemon juice.
- Stir together until sugar dissolves.
- Add ice and serve. (You can chill the lemonade in the fridge before hand. If you choose to do this less ice will be required.)
- We like to add sliced lemon and fresh herbs as a finishing touch. It look beautiful and tastes great. Feel free to expirement with different flavors.
Images: Jessica Crosariol